Author : Erin Dix
First off I want to take my hat off to Brock Lesnar for his victory over Randy Couture on Saturday night. It was a tough fight for him but he kept his composure and was able to catch Couture with a big punch that dropped Couture. His hammer fist ground and pound was somewhat effective in getting a tko stoppage but was painful to watch. The size and speed of Lesnar played a big factor in the outcome of this fight even though he couldn't out wrestle Couture even with his huge weight advantage.
Against Gonzaga he will not have much of a weight or size advantage. Gonzaga has a black belt in jiu jitsu which has shown to be effective against Lesnar ex.. (Frank Mir) and Gonzaga has a solid and powerful striking game of kicks and punches. Lesnar has the wrestling advantage but Gonzaga is comfortable fighting from the ground which makes this fight interesting.
In my opinion Gonzaga will outstrike Lesnar via vicious leg and head kicks at the stand up game and soundly hold his own at the ground game. The only way Lenar can score a victory is to try and take him down and ground and pound with his gimpy hammer fists. While trying to do this Lesnar could easily fall victim to a submission of some sort from this BJJ Black belt practitioner.
I am not a Brock Lesnar hater and I have tons of respect for his power and wrestling skills but I simply think this is one match up he will have trouble winning.
P.S. I know someone is going to bring up the fact that Randy Couture beat Gonzaga but then again there isn't many guys who Couture hasn't beat. Randy had a great game plan vs Gonzaga and executed perfectly. But styles make fights and I think this is one fight Lesnar should try and avoid if he wants to hold on to his belt.
Please visit my online store for great sports shoes and clothing
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment